Thursday, November 29, 2012

Aa - Astronomy

Our week about Astronomy was so FUN! I honestly wasn't real sure how much interest there would be  in it, but my groups were asking me some tough questions about space and the planets that really made me think.  I love that!!

The bummer think about our week of Aa - Astronomy??  I can't find ANY pictures!  So either I completely forgot to take any OR they're saved in some strange folder on my computer that I can't locate. Bummer!

One of the activities we did this week was a Moon Rock Toss! Our moon rocks were really just crumpled up pieces of paper, but they helped us to understand that because the moon doesn't have much gravity, rocks are not heavy on the moon like they are here on Earth. So we divided up into two teams on opposite sides of the room, counted down from 10, and at "Blast off!" threw moon rocks at each other!  They sure didn't go very far when we threw them!

This week we met Andrew the Alligator:

Andrew the Alligator, Alligator, Alligator
Forgot to brush his teeth, teeth, teeth
So the dentist said, said, said
"See ya later!"

We also talked a lot about stars and made some Magic Star Skies by drawing stars with a white crayon on white paper and then painting over them with some watered down black paint. Our pictures turned out pretty neat!  I think my favorite star project was the Spray Bottle Solar Systems. This was as easy as filling a spray bottle with diluted white paint and letting the kids stand on their chair (this one time only! LOL) to spray their black construction paper. We had stars of all different sizes and when they dried, they looked very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment